Please read through the following policies and liability waiver before purchasing tickets. By purchasing tickets, you agree to abide by these policies and our liability waiver:
To keep our tours running on time and out of consideration for our guests' schedules, we cannot wait for late arrivals. Because the time spent at each stop on the tour is variable, we also cannot have guests join us at a later point on the tour.
Ticket holders are responsible for making sure that they find the meeting spot and parking if necessary before the tour start time. Please see Know Before You Go for details on finding the meeting spot and parking--this information will also be included with your ticket.
Our tour guide will be waiting at the tour meeting spot for 30 minutes ahead of the scheduled tour start time to check guests in, and will begin the tour promptly at the tour start time. We cannot hold the tour in place for guests who leave after checking in for any reason, including to park or find a restroom.
Ticket holders who miss their tour due to arriving late are not eligible to request a refund. Please scroll down to Transfers, Refunds, and Credits for our full refund policy.
TRANSFERS, CREDITS, AND REFUNDS
Like most live entertainment event providers, we have a limited refund policy. Please read the policy below, along with all of our policies and the information on our Know Before You Go page, to understand what to expect before booking:
Ticket holders may submit a refund request through Eventbrite, our ticket sales platform, up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour start time to receive an automatic refund for any reason, minus Eventbrite's fees, which are nonrefundable.
Ticket holders may also transfer tickets to another date through Eventbrite up to 24 hours before the start of the original ticket's tour date. Ticket transfers are subject to availability and our tour capacity restrictions. Please reach out to Eventbrite customer service if you need help with transferring tickets.
If a last-minute emergency prevents you from attending your tour, contact us and we will issue a full credit for the original purchase. The credit must be requested by 11:59 PM Eastern on the date of the original tickets. Credits can be redeemed for any future tour on our schedule for up to 1 year.
We aim to be as accurate as possible when providing details of what to expect on our tours and cannot extend refunds to guests whose expectations or desired experience of the tour differ from the information we provide ahead of booking. This includes:
That the duration of our tours is around 45 minutes - 1 hour
That our tours involve around 20 - 25 minutes of walking time
That our tours take place entirely outdoors
That our tours include seven stories
That our guide may read stories verbatim to provide a consistent experience and accurate details
That our stories may include references to topics some may find sensitive
That our tours focus on Cape May's history and convey stories of unverified but potentially paranormal experiences related to that history
That our tours are not intended to be a horror experience, or to provide the feeling of being scared
Our tours will proceed in rain. In the event of a thunderstorm, we make a decision about proceeding at the tour start time based on current conditions, as single-cell thunderstorms can develop and dissipate very quickly.
In the event of a severe weather warning from the National Weather Service, tours will be cancelled, ticket holders will be notified by email, and tickets will be refunded to the original payment method. For all other weather-related concerns, we will make a decision about proceeding with the tour based on information from the National Weather Service, and will inform ticket holders of when to expect a final decision via email on the day of the tour.
If it is necessary to cancel due to weather, all ticket holders be notified by email and will receive automatic refunds to the original payment method, no further action required. If a sudden change in weather conditions during a tour makes continuing the tour unsafe, our guide will escort guests back to the start of the tour or, if necessary, to the nearest sheltered location, and tickets will automatically be refunded to the original payment method.
If the tour proceeds as scheduled, ticket holders who do not wish to join the tour due to weather will be eligible to request a credit for a future tour only. Credits are subject to tour capacity restrictions and availability. Refunds to the original payment method are not available with less than 24 hours notice if the tour proceeds as scheduled.
In the rare, unforeseen event that the tour must be cancelled for any reason other than weather, ticket holders will be notified via email as soon as possible and will receive automatic refunds, no further action required.
In accordance with current New Jersey guidelines, we do not require face masks, proof of vaccination, or COVID-19 testing to join our tours.
PETS & SERVICE ANIMALS
We can't accommodate pets during our tours, though service animals needed for accessibility are permitted. We do appreciate advance notice if you are bringing a service animal so we can mark your party as exempt from our pet policy, though this is not required. If you are unsure as to whether your animal qualifies as a service animal, please see the Americans with Disabilities Act publication "ADA Requirements: Service Animals."
SMOKING & VAPING
For the health and comfort of all tour participants, we ask that tour participants refrain from smoking, vaping, or otherwise using tobacco and/or marijuana during the tour and while waiting for the tour to start at the tour meeting place.
By purchasing tickets and participating in a History Capers LLC walking tour, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the following. That:
1. While on a History Capers LLC walking tour, tour participants will not block the sidewalk, trespass on private property, or in any way cause harm or be disruptive to the residents of and visitors to the City of Cape May and their property.
2. Tour participants will not bring pets on the tour, except in the case of medically-required service animals.
3. Tour participants will follow any laws, ordinances, and executive orders enforced by the State of New Jersey and the City of Cape May.
4. Tour participants will refrain from smoking, vaping, or otherwise using tobacco and/or marijuana during the tour and while waiting for the tour to begin at the tour meeting place.
5. Failure to abide by the tour policies set forth by History Capers LLC and/or disorderly or aggressive behavior toward other participants, History Capers LLC tour guides, or others will result in a participant's immediate dismissal from the tour without a refund.
6. Parents or guardians of children under 18 years old are responsible for their child’s safety and behavior on the tour.
7. History Capers LLC reserves the right to make changes in the scheduled itinerary for the comfort and safety of its tour participants, or when deemed appropriate according to the best judgment of the guide.
8. Tour participants who decide to leave the tour before its completion assume all risks inherent in their decision to leave and waive all liability against History Capers LLC arising from that decision.
9. History Capers LLC is not in any way affiliated with or sponsored by the City of Cape May.
10. By the nature of this type of activity, tour participants may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen or unforeseen. Tour participants voluntary assume all risks associated with taking a History Capers LLC walking tour, including but not limited to risks of loss, property damage, personal injury, and death.
11. By participating in a History Capers LLC walking tour, participants agree to waive, discharge, and agree not to sue History Capers LLC, the City of Cape May, or any of their officers, agents, servants or employees (hereinafter referred to as releasees) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, as a result of participating in a tour, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise. Participants also agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasees from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, that they may incur due to their participation in said tour, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
12. Tour participants agree not to hold History Capers LLC or any releasees responsible for any supernatural activity experienced before, during, or after participation on the tour.